How are you all ? Here I am with another topic. Guess what ?? This is my favorite topic😃No no it’s not about how much I love cooking and being in kitchen no not at all.
Today’s blog is based on the perception of the society regarding women and kitchen.
First let me tell you something interesting, it’s 1:34 am in India and my thoughts on this topic didn’t let me sleep and so I had no option but to write on it.
Here are my thoughts on the topic,
People these days consider themselves educated and open minded but when it comes to what a woman should be doing as her part of duty, all they can think is, she should be cooking delicious dishes for her family or may be cleaning the house or doing some laundry work. That’s what all they can think as an educated or open minded individuals. Clear cut crap, right ??
My point is, What if a girl is career oriented ?? What if she has big dreams that need absolute focus and lot of dedication to achieve her goals ?? She might be sitting idle and working out on her plans mentally. She could be taking a mental break so that once she resumes she can bring more productive and creative ideas on table. Fair enough for a person who is working on their dream, right ??
Guess what ?? Not for a girl. People still don’t consider sitting idle as a girl’s right. No matter how educated or capable the girl is. If people see her sitting idle and not cooking, cleaning or doing laundry they will be like, How will you manage your life after marriage ?? How will you keep everyone in that house of yours happy if you don’t cook for them or keep the house clean ?? How ?? We are so worried about your future. Please change your habits. It’s not going to workout for you.
I just have few questions for people having this kind of mentality.
- Air hostesses have to serve people on flights and because of their work pattern they don’t get much time to serve their family members back home. Aren’t their marriages successful ?
- Women working as a sportsperson have to practice a lot on field before they finally enter the ground to play so they don’t get time to be there for their family members, Aren’t their marriages successful ?
- Women working as soldier do not get time to cook for their family members, Aren’t their marriages successful ?
- Women in the roles of lawyers have to spend a lot of time in court rooms, Aren’t their marriages successful ?
- Successful Business Women working on their business have multiple things to work on and so they hardly get time for their family members, Aren’t their marriages successful ??
My reason for giving these many examples as questions is, I just don’t understand one thing,
Why Women, kitchen, cleaning and laundry are so much interlinked ???
Women are so much more than these things society generally relates them too. People please understand, Women’s education and success elevates not only her but her family too as she is the pillar behind each member of the family. If she earns, she can easily afford a cook, cleaner and a driver. These all things are not a big deal. Letting her work in her own style and freedom of mind is a big deal.
I don’t think that it’s difficult to understand that a woman who can work hard for her career goals can easily manage her household chores. It’s just that her dreams are big and need more focus. It also does not mean that she doesn’t love her family. She does and will always. You just need to change your perception of her love for you. That’s it.
If you can welcome and learn new technology, What’s wrong in welcoming this new thinking ? Try it once. It’s not that hard.
So Friends, if you think you are Educated and Open Minded, DO NOT EVER INTERLINK WOMEN, KITCHEN, CLEANING AND LAUNDRY.
That’s all I have for the topic.
Thank you for reading patiently.